Ada Chevalier's Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After the Practice

3 posters

Go down

After the Practice Empty Re: After the Practice

Post  Ada Chevalier Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:40 pm

[note I have moved this over to the new site]
Ada Chevalier
Ada Chevalier
Admin

https://darkhome.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnthonyPatch Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 am

He smiles and nods. He understood where he was coming from and understood what he wanted. The training wouldn't be easy, but, Anthony didn't not plan to do it all by himself, he had connections, connections that would indeed fine tune and polish Shadows skills, Anthony just had to make arrangements first and foremost. But, until then, he could educate Shadow and teach him history, and style.

We will begin in two days time. Get your affairs in order my boy, for I do not know how long I will have you gainfully engaged in training.

He smirks and winks as he nods to Shadow looking for acknowledgment.
AnthonyPatch
AnthonyPatch

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowWolf21 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Shadow thought hard as Anthony stared at him, then he nodded his head to himself. "I want to learn how to be a warrior mage. And by that I mean a warrior that can use both magic and weapon at the same time. So I believe that I need to learn new types of magic and most definitely need to work on my issuing commands without speaking as well as my weaponry skills." As he finished speaking he hoped that Anthony would understand his answer and be able to help him do that.
ShadowWolf21
ShadowWolf21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnthonyPatch Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:09 am

With Shadows response he nods and smiles. To be an instructor again and to mold yet another mind, was indeed something he cherished and loved to do. Sometimes the knowledge in his mind was too much to keep to himself, he wanted to share it and let the traditions live on. He looked at Shadow and inhaled a lifeless breath before speaking. So many avenues of approach, he wondered where Shadow wanted to start first. I would imagine it would be his skills with the Scythe, but, he also had lessons in Fire, Shadows and thousands of other weapons platforms he could choose from as well. The choices were endless and he hoped, one, that it was not to much or to daunting for Shadow and of course two, if he would become bored part way through and wish to quit. Anthony will push and push, but, that's how you learn, not just of the skills, but, learn about ones self to become great. As these thoughts go through his mind, he stares intently at Shadow, almost burning a hole into him as he intently stares.

If I am going to train you, Shadow, we must start with a reference point. A reference point in which you will choose to start. You tell me, tell me what you wish to acquire in your bag of skills and trades.

He smiles and folds his arms, lifting one under his chin and staring at him with a raised eyebrow of curiosity, this choice wasn't hard, but, it was indeed important. This choice will start the first step towards his training and not only that, but, show Anthony what his true desire and ultimate goal is towards this training. Shadow mentioned being able to beat his mother, but, there is always more to it then that. He holds his gaze and waits for his answer, of course, none of the answers are wrong, just an impact towards Anthony's approach to training.
AnthonyPatch
AnthonyPatch

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowWolf21 Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Shadow nodded quietly as Anthony spoke. "I agree it was strange how she jumped so quickly to the end. I would be honored to learn under you and don't worry my last teacher told me the same. I wish to sharpen my skills so that one day I might be able to defeat my mother." He said as his eyes started to burn with a passion. His body would show a true desire to become stronger.

"I'll take whatever training you can give me Elder."He said with a nod.
ShadowWolf21
ShadowWolf21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnthonyPatch Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:19 am

Smiles and nods to Shadows comment about the Tsunami. He ignores the comment about his skills, compared to what he has seen, it was quite impressive. He turns to him and smiles towards him hands still behind his back.

As I think more about it, porting away was a strategic move. Of course I do feel bad, simply because I know Ada, just wanted to show here skills.

He pauses and lifts a finger to him

But, the thing that was most disconcerting was how she jumped to the end so quick.

He then pulls his hand back and nods.

But, you, you Fought and you used your skills, that impressed me, that made me want to stay and watch you, critique you and most importantly, Teach you.

He brings his hand down and turns back towards the fire as he watches Shadows moves and delivery. He smirks and chuckles very lightly. and looks over his shoulder to him, stepping to the side and letting him watch the battle. he begins to pace and walk back and forth staring at the ground as in thought and then speaks.

You have special abilities, yes. You have skills that require commands, yes. Problem? Do not act so quick on offense and you need to learn to mute your commands, you announce what your doing, your enemy will be ready...

He turns to him and stares, lifting his finger again.

You never want your enemy ready for anything. You want the upper hand, you desire the upper hand. Defense if use correctly can highlight their weakness, their titration, and ultimately their defeat in themselves.

He drops his finger and stands erect cocking his head to the side and raises a brow.

I can teach you these things and elaborate more. You have the basics down pat, you are above reproach and among the top in your handling of such skill. I have been taught by the best in many styles and many weapons, but, none were as fun as the Scythe.

He nods and smiles to him

If you wish, I can teach you, polish you and swell your mind in knowledge...

Pauses and stands emotionless before him

I will not be easy and you will hate me. With this in mind, the choice is yours if you wish to pursue this and expand your knowledge and your skills.
AnthonyPatch
AnthonyPatch

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowWolf21 Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Shadow quietly entered the room bowing slightly. His blood red orbs fell upon the elder and he smiled slightly as he saw the fight playing in the fire and then looked down. "I need to practice more with my scythe...my moves look very uncoordinated and amatuerish."

His head and eyes would look down as he was disappointed in himself for his actions on the field. "You fought well and did what any smart person would do staring down a tsunami."
ShadowWolf21
ShadowWolf21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnthonyPatch Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am

As he lays back in his chambers, he hears a knock at his door, followed by the voice of Shadow. He expected him to show, well, hope that he would show. In this instant a smile comes across his face, Perhaps this is the flame that he needs to rekindle what was sought to be snuffed out years ago. Anthony nods and waves his hand as the door unlocks and creaks open slowly. He slides to the side and stands walking towards the fireplace. He snaps his fingers to allow the fire to erupt and burn as if it has been burning for years.

He stands at the fires alter with his hands behind his back, his long black rob sweeps down with a red sash hanging down the front with tribal designs from his fathers creation. He stares into the fire almost lost in the red, orange and blue flames, dancing to his thoughts. He replays the sparring session through his mind as the characters in the fire dance with the movements of that fight. He saw so much potential in Shadow, the skills and the handling of his Scythe, not clean, but, decent. All he needed was a little polishing and perhaps the understanding of such weapon. As he watches the replay of Ada in the flame, he sees slight hesitation and a knee jerk reaction, almost as if just jumping to a finale from the start. This is what confused him the most, not a sparring, but more of a show boating, So out of character.

He continues to watch the replay over and over, tearing down and breaking down each movement and step. He looks over his shoulder still maintaining his stoic stare.

Enter, and be recognized...
AnthonyPatch
AnthonyPatch

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowWolf21 Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Shadow walked to Anthony's door knocking on it hoping the man would answer. "Master Anthony are you in there? I hope I'm not disturbing you."He would call through the door. He stood there trying to think of what to say when the door was opened. He decided to wait there by the door til it was answered.
ShadowWolf21
ShadowWolf21

Back to top Go down

After the Practice Empty After the Practice

Post  AnthonyPatch Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:10 pm

After he teleports back to his room and talks to himself he shakes off the aggravation he felt from the sparring session with Ada. It wasn't he was made at her, more at himself. The new Elements, the New Powers, the Clan changing to what it used to be, everything changed. Anthony was now in a time of his life in which he was lost, confused and this really got to him, ate at him, made him feel as if, he truly had nothing. He knew that it was hard to believe a little sparring could erupt such an intense amount of feelings, but, he could slowly feel his frustration rise and spill over since his return.

Not only was he lost and reconnected with his Childer, it was...different. Everything was off, off to the fact that the simplest of actions to him now where indeed difficult, mostly, his feelings. He knew that continuing to spar with Ada and Shadow were possible, but, he also knew he was being put into a situation in which he was combating an element he was unfamiliar with, and with that, frustration would grow and his fight or flight instinct would kick in, only if he would have stayed only his Fight would be allowed to flourish. That's what scared him, that fact he would see red, and not realize what he was doing, a blind rage, which he only released in battle. This was not a battle.

He wanted to see what she could do, but, it would have been hard if consumed with this new element in which she controlled. He knew she was more powerful, more powerful then he wold like to admit. That's when it hit him...He is no longer needed. His path has been tried and he has retreated, the signs of a has been, or more then likely...A never was. Even though he has been through Hell and back (Literally) he realizes, only stories will shadow him, his exploits are the past. The younger generation has no time nor patience to listen to the ramblings of this old man. Shadow was a spark for possibly taking on an apprentice. But, that was extinguished as he knows that any respect Shadow did have was washed away with the last display of cowardice.

He writes a letter to Both Shadow and Ada concerning his feelings and if Shadow wished to continue learning, he would proceed. As for Ada, he just apologized for being the Pyre she thought he was. AS he sits in his room, he darkens the fires and dims the lights, he locks his door and lays back, letting the shell enclose his bed, blocking the sun. He celebrates in his party of pity and relishes in the fact that he brought this on himself and questions himself over and over and he whispers it out loud just to hear it.

Why did you come back, Old Man....
AnthonyPatch
AnthonyPatch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum